Indian Society of Geomatics (ISG) Room No. 6202, Space Applications Centre (ISRO), Ahmedabad

Contact Time 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM
Contact Email secretary@isgindia.org
Phone Number +91-79 26916202

Indian Society of Geomatics (ISG) Room No. 6202, Space Applications Centre (ISRO), Ahmedabad

DECEMBER 5, 2020

will vs going to exercises

["Question 1", "John: Did you remember to bring that book I lent you?
     Paul: Oh, sorry, I forgot again. C. Will. Future tense : Will vs Going to /The difference between Will and Going to ? Futures tenses in English. Verb Tense Exercise 18 Will and Be Going To f t p Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses, then click the "Check" button to check your answers. She is going to / will graduate next year. Type in the verbs in the future simple (going to).. Mr Potts (sell) his house. Am going to. I use going to because it is a plan I made earlier (before I was asked the question). B: Yes. If someone asks: "Are you busy this evening?" ","am going to stay","'m going to stay"], The structure we use depends on the function of what we want to say, whether we are talking about arrangements, plans, predictions, etc.. Test yourself with our free English language quiz about 'Will & Going to'. (to be) They a new computer. Future perfect continuous. 6. (to shine) Answer: I hope, that the sun will shine tomorrow. A: The kitchen is on fire!!!! Check Hint Show answer. B: Really? Show all questions <= => Be going to and will future 1. A: What are your plans after you leave university? When you are making a decision use will; use going to after the decision has been made. Will or be going to. is going to rain will rain; Look out! Predictions. I know. George and I ... (GET) married next month. If I haven't made plans, then you can say either: "I will probably watch TV." Will vs Going to When talking about an event that is going to happen in the future, there is more than one possibility. B: I’m going to visit my mother in Scotland next month. 4. They're (are) going to have an accident. Going To. a) to make predictions based on the present situation. Jane: I (go) to dinner tonight too, but I'm having a piece of pie anyway. Will I be there tomorrow? “ I think your cholesterol will go up a little bit.” “Obesity will increase in the USA in the following years.”. By syktglad I used this song of the Beatles to make students see the difference and to enjoy this song. It´s an activity for students to practise the future tenses: WILL and GOING TO in a context. Future perfect - exercises. I think I'll go to bed early tonight. Positive: Subject + to be + going to + verb, Negative: Subject + to be + not + going to + verb, Questions:  (Question word) + to be + subject + going to + verb. We can use the verb “going to” (in the Present continuous tense) to talk about things that will happen because we can see evidence now. You know that I'll buy a new car, don't you. Dialogue Exercise 1: The Party . Listen, I'm going to have a party this Saturday. Compare Will vs. ","will go","'ll go"], The first future tense is the future with "will." If I haven't made plans, then you can say either: "I will probably watch TV." Justin: I'm going out now but I _____ be back later. “I think we are going to have a storm.” (The temperature is hot, there’s no wind, and I can see black clouds.) 3,617 Downloads . Exercise instructions. Structure of future simple: positive : negative: question: I will (I'll) be there tomorrow. 5.- “What ar It will crash It is go to crash is will crash is going to crash _____ because it is too sweet. ... Dictation exercises : 3 scenario-based exercises Study these basic forms and then use the referenced resources to practice these forms. I haven't made up my mind yet. 4. We use the present simple tense in two cases. 7. You _____ break that glass! ["Example", "Not Implemented! Learn English online Exercises: will and be going to. Will-Future or Going-to-Future - English online grammar exercise. Practice future tenses - will, going to, doing using this ESL fun Game.This game is also excellent for classroom teaching. But I think I (find) something nice in my mum's wardrobe. Going to is used with predictions. ","is going to open","'s going to open"], If someone asks: "Are you busy this evening?" I think I'll have a break from studying for a while. Show all questions <= => The sky is dark and full of clouds. I completely forgot. In this exercise you will practise the difference between the future simple (will) and the ‘going to’ future. Future Tenses in English – contrasted. 3rd person plural → are + going to + verb in the basic form; I (move) to another town. will vs be going to – future . It can be used to energize a dull class, to review work that was done or simply as a reward for good classroom work. Write the verb in the Future, going to or Present Continuous. No sign-up required. For anything you decide to do during the exercise use 'I'll'. - In this case we cannot use Will. 3. We use "going to" to talk about a planned activity for future. We're going to go shopping in the city centre. B: But he says he _____ come. Futures tenses in English. Page 1 of 2. The main difference between the two forms is that "going to" is used for plans and intentions made before the moment of speaking, and the "will" to speak about the future at the moment of speaking. I won't (will not) be there. 17. A. future tense exercise. I (probably / go) there next year. B. Study these basic forms and then use the referenced resources to practice these forms. B: Because I (go) to the shops. No sign-up required. ] Choose the correct option. 2 A: We don’t have any bread. English Exercises > future tense exercises.

ISG India © 2016 - 2018 All Rights Reserved. Website Developed and Maintained by Shades of Web